I checked in and walked to the security checkpoint with my Dad where we said our goodbyes at 4:45pm and by 6:15 my plane was taking off from the Omaha airport for Dallas. I got off the plane in Dallas around 8pm and went to PizzaVino in the D terminal. The pizza there was really good, Neapolitan style. I researched Fremantle (the town where I will be staying a majority of the time) while I was passing time in the restaurant and found some interesting stuff.
- The average high temperature in Fremantle while I’m here is 65 degrees Fahrenheit
- During WWII, Fremantle was home to the largest base for Allied subs in the Southern Hemisphere
- Their government is similar to ours with a Mayor and a council
- Fremantle is home to the oldest intact building in Western Australia called the Round House. This eight-cell jail is made of limestone cut out of the cliff right in front of it.
- I will go to Curtin University Sustainability Policy Institute (CUSP) and Murdoch University here in Fremantle
- Italian, Asian, and seafood are popular
- Fremantle has a vibrant music scene and home of AC/DC lead singer Bon Scott
By 10pm I was off on the huge Quantas 747 double decker plane and taking off on what I learned was the longest flight in the world, Dallas to Brisbane.